About UsLike Family Inc.
Who We Are
Like Family is a Puerto Rican company that dedicates its efforts to care for people at home since 2005 in all the municipalities of Puerto Rico, including Vieques and Culebra. Currently, we have around 500 housekeepers offering direct services to participants/patients. At Central office we are a team work of 28 people, located in the town of Aibonito. We also have legal services and nursing consultations for the benefit of the participants. We serve the USA Virgin Islands as well though the Veterans Affairs Department: Home Care Program; same as in Puerto Rico
Respite or Relief for Family
Caring for a relative is a rewarding experience that strengthens family ties; however, this initiative could be complicated, especially when daily living activities may interfere with the required time for such responsibility. Here is when Like Family plays an important role offering respite or relief to caregivers. Services can be programmed according to individual and family´s needs.
- Our Service Extends To The 78 Municipalities Of Puerto Rico 24/7.
- We are available to work in private homes, Hospitals and assisted living facilities.
- We Are A Veterans Service Provider And A Senior Affairs Attorney.
What is Like Family, Inc.?
We are recognized as the leading provider, for more than a decade, for seniors’ care at home and/or hospitals who need help with daily life’s activities.
Our goal is to satisfy the needs of the elderly population in Puerto Rico offering them tools that allow them to stay in their homes to pursue an independent life without having to be housed in foster homes
Like Family Inc. and its administration makes a rigorous interview process and selection of homemakers in order to choose the best available field staff in your area. We understand that a strong and healthy relationship between staff and client leads to a more secure and happy life from the comfort of their homes so that we are able to turn everyday activities into cheerful visits.
- Must meet a rigorous selection process.
- Is verified regarding its History of Education, Work Experience and Criminal Records.
- Is trained on policies and regulations of the Company.
- Is Certified in Basic Skills for Provision Services for Senior Population. Accredited by the General Education Council / CPR / First Aid / Serv Safe®
SERVICES FOR THE HOME CARE AN HOSPITAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM:
Our services are geared to improve the physical an mental health of our patients.
- Preparation Of Food And Special Diets.
- Laundry, Ironing And Cleaning In The Home.
- Supervision In The Administration Of Medications.
- Bathing, Grooming, And Body And Oral Hygiene. Toileting Assistance
- Beds And Chairs Transfers And Positioning To Prevent Ulcers.
- Preparing recipes together.
- Remembering old times and looking old photographs.
- Visiting friends and attending community and social events.
- Going for a walk.
- Preparing hand crafts.
- Board games.
After conducting and consulting several marketing studies; statistical trends and projections, Like Family was founded. According to the Census Bureau, it is expected that around 40% of Puerto Rican population will be 60 years or older by 2015.
It is know that many senior prefer, while they can, to stay at home and receive the needed services to maintain a good quality of life. However, this is not always possible, as some complications may arouse when home care services are required. Towards this end is when Like Family, Inc., a native Puerto Rican company contributes to the wellness and independence of seniors, offering high quality home services. For this endeavor, we generate about 500 direct jobs in the work force of Puerto Rico.
To provide excellence and quality service, adapted to the needs of each individual, participant and their family.
Like Family Inc.