Info CenterLike Family Inc.
Participant and Family Orientations :
In our headquarters we have a team of professionals: Home Services Managers; Case Managers and Customer Service Representatives who provide guidance to patients and family on avaible services in the community that they might be in need to receive.
Also, we try to be informed about the equipment and new technologies available for patient safety at home, such as:
- Integrated Security Cameras – Mobile Phones
- Medical alert system and *911 calls
- Medical equipment according to the patient’s condition
- Alarm system and motion sensors
In case of any doubt related to legal procedures, we have a legal advisor who will provide an opinion to be considered by the client and/or the families. Additional costs for this service will be responsibility of the client and/or the family and it will vary depending on each case.
Questionnaire: How to identify the need of home care services?
The decision making to request home care services should be supported by behavior changes in the elderly, besides the “natural changes” coming with age. To help with this process, please answer the following questions and submit them to us. A customer service representative will contact you to assist in this matter. Please, make sure you provide a phone number and email address.
HOW TO IDENTIFY THE NEED OF HOME CARE SERVICES?
YOU AS A PATIENT, MAY ALSO DECIDE :
- If you are a senior who needs our services, please call us for a consultation on the available services and all possibilities we can offer to satisfy your needs.
- If you need support to bring up the situation to your family, please, do it before your needs get bigger and out of control. Ask help to your primary doctor; a social worker or consult any Geriatric Assistance Program in your community. The Office of Pensioners and Seniors Affairs of Puerto Rico may assist you too; located at 1064 Ponce de Leon Ave, 3rdͩ. Floor, Santurce, Puerto Rico. Phone number: (787) 721-6121.
SENIOR AND MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVING VS. SAFETY ON THE ROAD: “PASS THE KEY”
Many seniors are still driving around; sometimes for necessity or just as a habit. Vision, hearing, reflexes and alertness are four basic elements to drive properly, without risking his safety and others. If any of these elements are not functioning, caused by the aging process, illness or medicines consumption, please take action as soon as possible. Bringing up this matter could be very delicate and sensitive. We encourage to have friendly conversation in presence of other relatives that the senior may trust. This may be a difficult task but it is necessary to make him/her understand all the risks involved when driving is not safe. A suggested method to address this issue with evidence is to take a short ride with the senior. This way you may confirm his/her capabilities and you may have a good point of reference and indicator to request: ¨pass the key¨.
OUR PEOPLE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
We include links, health; security and advocate government agencies, and community based organization that may be helpful.
Puerto Rico Emergency Management Agency-PREMA
American Heart Association of Puerto Rico
Puertorrican Alzheimer Association
Puertorrican Association for the Blind
Puertorrican Diabetes Association
(787) 729-2201 1-(800) 281-0617 www.diabetespr.org
Puertorrican Parkinson Association
(787) 768-5565 www.asocparkinsonpr.aol.com
Puertorrican Kidney Foundation
Puerto Rico Department of Family Affairs
Puerto Rico Department of Housing
Puerto Rico Department of Health
United Funds of Puerto Rico
(787) 268-5353 www.fondosunidos.org
Multiple Sclerosis Patients Association of Puerto Rico
League Against Cancer of Puerto Rico
(787) 763-4149 www.ligacancerpr.com
(787) 771-3687 www.cms.gov
Social Security Adminstration
1 (800) 772-1213 www.ssa.gov/espanol/
Police Department of Puerto Rico
Patient’s Advocate Office
San Juan …………………… (787) 977-0909
Caguas ……………………… (787) 703-3033
Naranjito ……………………(787) 869-4260
Sabana Grande …………. (787) 873-0753
Humacao ……………………(787) 285-5859
Elderly’s and Retierred Persons Advocate Office
(787) 725-2102 (787) 721-6121 1 (800) 981-1212
American Cancer Society of Puerto Rico
(787) 764-2295 www.cancer.org email@example.com
To provide excellence and quality service, adapted to the needs of each individual, participant and their family.
Like Family Inc.